I made up this recipe yesterday based on something I had at a wedding recently. Simple, but tasty. 🙂
Half a bag (approx. 8 ounces) of fresh spinach (I tear off the stems)
1 apple, cubed or cut into small chunks
15-20 grapes, halved
For dressing: (approx. amounts, always do to taste)
2 oz olive oil
1 oz balsamic vinegar
½ oz lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and drain spinach, placing in a large bowl.
- Cut up apple and grapes, and add to spinach.
- Combine all ingredients in dressing in a small bowl, whisking together until mixed thoroughly.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Sprinkle blue cheese on top.
If you’re going to wait to serve, combine all ingredients except the dressing, and store in the refrigerator. Dress the salad just before serving.
This salad is good even leftover the next day. Be sure to store in an airtight container.